OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Thursday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
#coronavirus— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) October 22, 2020
Nebraska is reporting another record-breaking number of hospitalizations. Here's a look at the latest data:
400 currently hospitalized
11 new deaths
576 total deaths
899 new cases
60,308 total cases
39,905 recovering pic.twitter.com/ZHsNztlmIk
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) today announced that a resident has died from COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths in Lancaster County to 42. The individual was a man in his 70s. On behalf of the City, Mayor Gaylor Baird expresses condolences to his family and friends.
- LLCHD reports 81 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 8,526.
- Recoveries: up from 3,723 to 3,750
- Overall positivity rate:
- Lancaster County – remains at 8.9 percent
- State – up from 10.8 percent to 10.9 percent
- National – remains at 7.6 percent
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 56 with 28 from Lancaster County (five on ventilators) and 28 from other communities (four on ventilators).
- The COVID-19 Risk Dial is at “Elevated Orange,” indicating a high risk of the virus spreading.