OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Sunday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department announced that 131 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 8,877. The number of deaths in the community remains at 42.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- On Sunday, DCHD reported 156 new cases of COVID-19 that were received over the past day, ending at midnight.
- This makes 21,424 total cases in Douglas County since the outbreak began in March.
- For the week that ended yesterday, there were 1,661 positive tests compared to 1,598 the previous week. The week’s positivity rate was 16.7% by report date.
- The Health Department received no new death certificates during the past day related to COVID-19. The number of deaths in the county connected to the pandemic remains at 221.
- DCHD has confirmed 14,852 county residents have recovered from the illness. As of our most recent report, received Saturday, metro area hospitals had 350 medical and surgical beds available for a 76% occupancy rate with 68 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds available for a 78% occupancy rate.
- There were 187 individuals hospitalized who have been diagnosed with COVID 19 and 37 more persons of interest (generally waiting for test results).
- Fifteen individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on ventilators.