OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Saturday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find a tally of cases at area schools here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 67 additional COVID-19 cases reported Saturday for a total of 13,896
- Four new deaths involving a man in his 30s, a woman in her 50s and two women over 80
- A total of 169 COVID-19 related deaths have occurred in Douglas County
- 9,978 residents have recovered
- TestNebraska sites in Douglas County are closed for the weekend but will re-open Tuesday
- The site at Crossroads Mall is doing testing from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., the site at Oakview Mall is doing testing from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and the Metropolitan Community College South Campus will test from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Online registraton at TestNebraska.com is required for those locations
- As of Friday, metro area hospitals had 256 beds available for a 81% occupancy rate
- 80 inpatients were diagnosed with COVID-19 with 25 additional persons of interest
- 15 individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on ventilators
- 1,024 new COVID-19 cases for a total of 69,006 cases
- 23 additional deaths for a total of 1,160 deaths
- 49,490 residents have recovered