OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — On Wednesday, the Douglas County Health Department (DCHD) reported 434 additional COVID-19 cases among county residents.
With the additional cases, the county’s total is now at 57,128.
No additional COVID-19-related deaths were reported. The total remains at 526 deaths.
The department said 39,979 residents have recovered from COVID-19.
The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) also provided an update on COVID-19.
Two more residents have died from the virus, bringing the community's total to 177. The cases include a man and woman in their 80s.
Other data from the department:
- LLCHD reports 144 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 24,705.
- Recoveries: up from 8,163 to 8,326
- Weekly positivity rate:
- January 3 through 9: 28.9%
- January 10 through 13: 27.6%
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 101 with 68 from Lancaster County (three on ventilators) and 33 from other communities (four on ventilators).
- The COVID-19 Risk Dial is in the red position, indicating a severe risk of the virus spreading.