OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Reported COVID-19 cases in Douglas County are down substantially from Tuesday. The county reported 113 new positive COVID-19 cases on Wednesday compared to 289 new cases reported the day before.
Two deaths related to COVID-19 were reported on Wednesday. Both were women over the age of 75; one was vaccinated and one was not.
Additional information from the county health department:
- Medical and surgical beds were at 88% occupancy with 169 staffed beds available and adult ICU beds were occupied at an 88% rate with 35 staffed beds available.
- There were 187 individuals hospitalized who have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- 67 COVID patients are receiving adult ICU-level care.
- Six pediatric patients were confirmed among those hospitalized.
- There were seven additional COVID-19 persons of interest (generally waiting for test results), with three adult and four potential pediatric cases.
- Forty individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on ventilators.
You can read the department's full release, which includes information about vaccine clinics and booster shots below: