LINCOLN, Neb. (KMTV) — Lincoln Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird's office released a statement saying the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) reported four new coronavirus cases, bringing the community's total to 56.
The new cases include "one woman in her 20s and three men, two in their 50s and one in his 40s." The department says five of the seven cases reported over the weekend and Monday are believed to be community spread, bringing the community-spread total to 37. The other two cases are still being investigated.
Other facts shared in the release:
- LLCHD is now monitoring 75 individuals
- One death reported so far
- 1688 negative tests to date
- 56 positives with 15 tests pending at the Nebraska Public Health Lab
- 816 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Nebraska and 17 deaths