OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Ten new cases of coronavirus were reported Saturday in Douglas County after a dramatic expansion in testing, according to the county health department.
There are now 57 total cases in Douglas County.
“We have been anticipating this as testing has greatly expanded. Both Nebraska Medicine and the Nebraska Public Health Lab have increased testing,” Douglas County Health Director Dr. Adi Pour said. “For the first time we received more than 100 test results from CHI and private labs outside the health systems are now providing test results. This knowledge will allow us to better respond to the outbreak.”
The latest cases involve two women and a man in their 30's, two women and two men in their 40's, two women in their 50's and a woman in her 70's, the Douglas County Health Department (DCHD) said.
Four of the cases had direct contact with previously known coronavirus cases, two are travel-related and the health department's Epidemiology Team is investigating other cases.
The health department said no one is hospitalized.
DCHD's information line (402-444-3400) is open to anyone with general questions seven days a week from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Additionally, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services has a COVID-19 hotline open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily at 402-552-6645. Anyone who has questions outside of those hours should call the United Way's 2-1-1 hotline.