FREMONT, Neb. (KMTV) — The WholeStone Farms plant in Fremont told employees in a company-wide message on Friday that it has 138 known cases of the novel coronavirus in its workforce.
The plant, formerly owned by Hormel Foods, also reported a death in a company-wide message on May 20.
"No matter when and how this employee was needed, they were always willing to jump in and help," the message says.
After the death, the company took additional precautions "to potentially mitigate this kind of outcome," including adding more screening stations, changes to airflow on the processing floor and directional indicators in high-traffic areas.
The message sent to employees Friday also says:
- 245 previously quarantined employees "returned safe and healthy back to work."
- 43 of the known COVID-19 cases have returned to work.
WholeStone Farms employs about 1,300 people and is planning an expansion, according to the Fremont Tribune.
WholeStone Farms did not respond for 3 News Now's requests for comments made Tuesday and Wednesday. This article will be updated if we receive a response.
WholeStone sent this message to employees on Friday:
WholeStone sent this message to employees on May 20:
This story has been updated to remove information that the company told employees they reported incorrectly.