LINCOLN — The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) today announced changes to the local Directed Health Measure (DHM) that will take effect at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, November 25. The measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 will be in effect through December 18 and include the following:
- Alcohol sales at bars that do not sell food are limited to carry-out.
- Bars that sell food and restaurants must stop serving alcoholic beverages at 8:45 p.m. and must close at 9 p.m., but they may offer take-out and delivery for food and alcohol orders after 9 p.m. These establishments must reduce occupancy to 50 percent, with parties of no more than eight spaced at least six feet apart. No games such as pool or darts are allowed. Patrons are to remain seated except to order or to use the restrooms and must wear masks when not seated.
- Off-sale alcohol at bars and retail stores continues to be allowed per state law.
- Gyms are limited to the greater of 25 percent occupancy or 10 people (excluding employees). Individuals must maintain at least six feet of distance from others at all times, and no indoor contact or limited contact team sports like basketball or volleyball are allowed. This applies to all ages.
- Indoor gatherings are limited to no more than 10 people, excluding employees. Gatherings in confined outdoor spaces are limited to no more than 25 people. Exceptions – including schools, grocery and retail stores, offices and factories – are listed at COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov.
These existing measures remain in place:
- All large events continue to be postponed.
- Individuals must wear masks indoors unless no one else is in the same room and they can maintain at least 6 feet of separation from others at all times.
- Indoor youth sports activities remain postponed until December 7, and this measure will be reevaluated before that date.
- Religious gatherings, including weddings and funerals continue to be governed by the current State DHM.
- Companies licensed to allow consumption of alcohol on city streets such as pedal pubs and party buses may not operate until after December 18.
For the third consecutive week, the COVID-19 Risk Dial remains in red, indicating that the risk of the virus spreading is severe. For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.