NewsLocal News

Actions

Authorities give more details on Iowa family's death in Mexico

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KMTV.png
Posted at 2:11 PM, Mar 26, 2018
and last updated 2018-03-26 15:11:52-04

Mexican authorities say a water heater that was leaking gas likely caused the death of an Iowa family last week. 

Iowa officials identified the family as Kevin and Amy sharp and their young children Sterling and Amanda. 

The family from Creston, Iowa was staying in a rented condo on Mexico's Carribean coast and they were reported missing by relatives a week after they left. 

Autopsies indicated the family died from inhaling toxic gas. The family is working on getting the bodies back to the United State for a funeral. 

Authorities say foul play is not suspected. 

An online memorial fund has been set up for the family.