NewsLocal News

Actions

Careless disposal of smoking materials cause of Sunday afternoon fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KMTV.png
Posted at 6:10 PM, Apr 12, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-12 19:10:24-04

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The Omaha Fire Department extinguished a fire caused by careless disposal of smoking materials on Sunday afternoon.

A working fire was declared at 3:23 p.m. at a home near S 113th St and Martha Circle. Occupants were able to vacate the home prior to the fire department's arrival.

According to the fire department, the fire caused significant damage to the garage and attic space of the home.

The fire was under control at 4:04 p.m.