OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — 6/2 UPDATE:
The City of Bellevue announced Tuesday that their curfew has been canceled as of 5 p.m.
Omaha's curfew order will continue through Wednesday morning. Other communities in the area are also implementing or extending curfew orders as they brace for the possibility of more protests.
Orders are in effect for the following areas:
- Bennington: A curfew is in effect from 8pm-6am. A full copy of the emergency, including who the order applies to, is available here
- Ralston: Extended through tomorrow during the hours of 8pm-6am. You can read the complete order here.
- Lincoln: A curfew is in effect from 9pm-6am. You can read the city’s release here.
- Council Bluffs: 8 pm-5am on Tuesday.
- Omaha: 8pm-6am Wednesday morning. You can read the full order here.
- Sarpy County: In effect from 8pm-6am. You can read the full order here.
The Metro Transit Authority said all buses will start their last trips at 6:00 pm and will be off the street by 7:00 pm.
The 3 News Now team found many businesses in the downtown area boarded up before and after the announcement that a man, involved in the fatal shooting of a protester, will not be facing charges. There are reports of others in neighboring communities closing and securing access so you may want to call ahead before venturing out to shop.
People are already beginning to gather downtown: