The Douglas County Sheriff's Office says one person is dead and another is in the hospital after a car left running overnight lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Officials say 74-year-old Terry Hart was found dead in a home near 144th and Fort streets, and his sister, 72-year-old Joyce Porter, was taken to the hospital for treatment.
They were found Friday afternoon after they failed to show up for a lunch with their other sister. Deputies say Hart and Porter got home Thursday night around 8 p.m. and accidentally left the car running inside the closed garage.
Hart was found dead in a bedroom above the garage. Porter was found in a basement bedroom and taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Investigators say no foul play is suspected and ruled it accidental. They don't know if the home had carbon monoxide detectors.
Deputies and paramedics responded to a home after report of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Omaha Fire Department and Douglas County Sheriff's Office were called to a home near 144th and Fort streets around 2:20 p.m.
The Sheriff's Office has not yet confirmed any other details about what happened.
This is a developing story. Watch KMTV Action 3 News and check KMTV.com for updates.