NewsLocal News

Actions

Early morning house fire contained

Early morning house fire
Posted at 8:44 AM, Apr 10, 2019
and last updated 2019-04-10 09:44:43-04

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Fire crews were notified at their station by a passer-by that a house was on fire.

Crews responded to 4693 Pacific Street, a 1.5 story, occupied, secured, residential structure and reported smoke and flames on arrival.

They called for help and established a working fire. Crews alerted the occupants that the house was on fire and all the occupants exited the structure with no injuries.

One cat was rescued by fire crews. The cause of the fire is accidental due to improperly discarded smoking materials on the front porch.