News

Actions

Fire at Chateau Apartments leave residents of two units displaced

Posted at 8:50 PM, Aug 02, 2017
and last updated 2017-08-02 21:50:01-04

An improperly extinguished cigarette sparked a fire on a third-floor balcony at an apartment complex this afteroon, causing damage to two units, according to Bellevue Fire officials at the scene.

Just after 2 p.m. Wednesday, firefighters were dispatched to the 400 block of Chateau Drive for a fire on the top floor of an apartment building. Fire crews were able to contain the fire before it spread to other units, fire officials said, but the third-floor unit there incurred smoke and water damage. The apartment below also incurred water damage during the extinguishing of the fire, fire officials said.

Damages to the building are initially estimated to be between $10,000 and $20,000, according to fire officials at the scene. 

All other residents of that apartment building were expected to be let back into their apartments by late afternoon or early evening on Wednesday.