MILLS COUNTY, Iowa (KMTV) — Iowa Department of Transportation will begin picking up flood debris from Mills County residences this coming week. Crews will visit the City of Pacific Junction and unincorporated areas.
Information from news release:
Debris must be sorted and placed close to the road. If there is water covering the area near your right of way, place debris along your driveway so that it can be easily accessed by large equipment.
Do not pile debris on the roadway due to safety concerns.
Unsorted debris cannot be picked up, so please sort into the following five categories.
• Vegetative debris – Tree branches, leaves, logs, corn stalks & plants. DO NOT BAG
• Construction/Demolition material – Carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattress plumbing materials, shingles and tiles.
• Appliances – Air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines and dryers.
• Electronics – Computers, televisions, stereos, radios and other devices with an electrical cord.
• Household Hazardous Waste – Cleaning supplies, lawn chemicals, oils, oil-based paints
and stains, pesticides
There is no need to call to schedule pick-up as trucks will be traveling all affected roadways. There will be more than one round of pick-ups to accommodate those who are not able to clean-up at this time. Any questions regarding this process should be directed to the Mills County Engineer’s office at 712-527-4873.