SARPY COUNTY, Neb. (KMTV) - A 68-year-old man found dead in a Lakeside Villages garage Wednesday morning likely died of carbon-monoxide poisoning after he shot his wife in the head during a domestic dispute almost a week earlier, according to investigators.
Karl Langill, 68, was found dead in the garage of a home, located just south of Highway 370 at 48th Street, by a Sarpy County Sheriff's deputy responding to a wellness check request. The preliminary results of an autopsy indicated he died of carbon-monoxide poisoning, according to a release from the sheriff's office.
His wife, Cheri Langill, 67, is in stable condition at University of Nebraska Medical Center, the release states. Shot in the head with a .22-caliber pistol on Dec. 7, she was found Wednesday morning in the basement and taken to the hospital in critical condition, sheriff's officials said yesterday.
Investigators found and recovered the pistol inside the house, the release states.
The first deputy arriving on scene in response to the call forced entry into the home, the release states.