GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (KMTV) — A dilly dog, maple bacon mini donuts and a refreshing pineapple whip piña colada are some of the tasty options at this year's Nebraska State Fair.
Here's a list of all the new items.
- Fried Beef or Cheese Ravioli – sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and served with marinara sauce.
- Wicked Witch Sandwich – smoked pulled chicken smothered in Nebraska's own Dorothy Lynch dressing and topped with jalapeños and our house coleslaw on a brioche bun.
- Hillbilly Deluxe Burger – a seasoned steak burger topped with creamy mac and cheese, pickles, fried onion crisps and drizzled in our house BBQ sauce on a brioche bun.
- Baja Corn Dog – a hot dog fresh dipped in corn dog batter and slathered in a spicy mixture of mayonnaise and crema and then sprinkled with tajín, cotija cheese, cilantro and sweet pepper bits.
- Dilly Dog – a hot dog inside a cored crunchy dill pickle and dipped in corn dog batter and fried golden brown.
- Bourbon Chicken Bowl – sautéed chicken smothered in a super-secret sweet and tangy bourbon sauce with broccoli florets all piled high on a bed of steamed cilantro rice.
- Sparky’s Wing Nuts – rocky mountain oysters or bull fries are lightly breaded and fried to perfection and served with a three-time world champion wing sauce.
- Made it Myself Shaved Ice – flavor your own snowball at the Imagination Flavor Station with 60+ different flavors!
- Shrimp Nachos – hot off the grill with sautéed shrimp, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes on top of a bed of crispy tortilla chips, topped with shredded cheese and drizzled with queso blanco.
- Corn Pops – a popcorn ball on a stick that comes in three flavors: birthday cake, original and tootie fruity.
- Pineapple Whip Piña Coladas – a tropical drink made with a state fair favorite, pineapple whip.
- Pineapple Whip and Strawberry Whip Popsicles – pineapple and strawberry flavored refreshing treat to cool you off on a hot day.
Other new items include jalapeño popper salad, corn on the cob, and four berry and tropical sunshine smoothies.
The state fair runs Aug. 23-Sept. 2 in Grand Island.