OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — If you're a recent or upcoming graduate, Nebraska might be a great place to start your career. A new study by financial advising site GOBankingRates has placed Nebraska in their top-ten-best states for graduates.
On their list, the group says Nebraska is the tenth best state for graduates based on a number of criteria including:
- Median income for someone who earned a bachelor’s degree
- Rent-to-income ratio
- Median home price
- Number of years it will take a college graduate to stop renting and own a home
- Job availability, unemployment rates among college grads
- Percent of jobs available for college grads
- Livability and quality of life
Here's what the group found out about Nebraska:
GOBankingRates says that it would take just under nine years for a graduate to save up enough money for a down payment on a house. They say this is based on the average home price and income for the state "which is among the lower such periods in the study."
This week we looked into the job market for grads in the Cornhusker state: https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-news/job-outlooks-are-promising-for-recent-omaha-college-graduates
You can check out the full list at: https://www.gobankingrates.com/making-money/economy/best-states-new-college-graduates-start-life/#42