OFD reveals cause for apartment fire

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) - The Omaha Fire Department said the installation of a new water heater is the cause of an apartment fire Tuesday night

The fire started around 9 p.m. Tuesday night. OFD said the fire spread quickly through multiple floors jumping the fire wall through the attic. 

4 residents were displaced but the property management placed them in a hotel overnight. 

The building is a complete loss with damages exceeding $470,000. 

Print this article Back to Top