OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Groups in Nebraska and Iowa are offering relief to flood victims and may need volunteers as well. We will keep this list updated with the organizations, what they offer, what they need and their contact information as it becomes avialable.
Organizations supporting flood victims in our area:
Groups in Iowa
Nebraska Coast, Inc. - Taking and delivering donations to flood victims in Sidney, Iowa
Nebraska Coast, Inc.
1401 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51501
Groups in Nebraska
All About Storage - Offering free storage to flood victims through June 1, 2019 - Units still available as of 5:12 p.m. on 3/19/19
All About Storage
La Vista 11109 Olive Street
(two blocks South 110th Harrison)
La Vista, NE 68128
All About Storage
I Street 11634 I Street
(one block North 120th L Street)
Omaha, NE 68137
Kangen Water of Omaha, LLC - Bottling water for flood victims
14441 F St,
Omaha, NE 68137
Lifegate Church - Providing a day shelter (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). They are offering free WiFi, charging stations, coffee, water, snacks, restrooms and rest areas. You can volunteer with the church's cleanup efforts or make donations by visiting http://discoverlifegate.com/Flood2019/
15555 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68154
Omaha Beef - Holding a benefit night where a portion of ticket sales will be going to support flood relief in various capacities. If you purchase a ticket for the game on Saturday, March 23, now through Wednesday, $5 will help relief efforts.
Archdiocese of Omaha - Special collection at this weekend's masses for flood relief efforts. 3/23/19-3/24/19
Custom Hearing Solutions - "Offering free replacement or repaired hearing aids if lost or damaged in the flooding. Owner says “the folks have enough to deal with and not being able hear shouldn’t be one of them!” Those in need can call the office and let them know where they got their hearing aid/or the manufacturer of their device. The office will track it down from there and then make appointments.
Custom Hearing Solutions
14505 California St,
Omaha, NE 68154
Womenade of Elkhorn - Offering free clothing for flood victims.
Elkhorn Teacher Training Conference Center
20650 Glenn Street, Elkhorn Ne 68022
Tuesday, March 19th – 10 am to 7 pm
Wednesday, March 20th – 9 am to 7 pm
Thursday, March 21st – 11 am to 1 pm
Friday, March 22nd – 10 am to 12 pm
Saturday, March 23rd – 9 am to 4 pm
Security National Bank - Various locations will be taking drive through donations for the Salvation Army's flood relief effort. You can drop monetary donations off at the following branches:
- Three Pacific Place at 101st and Pacific Streets (1120 South 101st Street, Omaha, Neb. 68124)
- Aksarben Village at 64th and Center Streets (6464 Center Street, Suite 100, Omaha, Neb., 68106)
- Cass at 78th and Cass Streets (7805 Cass Street, Omaha, Neb. 68114)
- Council Bluffs at Madison and Bennett Avenues (1707 Madison Avenue, Council Bluffs, Iowa, 51503)
- Farnam near the Blackstone District at 35th and Farnam Streets (3500 Farnam Street, Omaha, Neb. 68131)
- Immanuel at 71st and Redick Avenue (7120 Redick Avenue, Omaha, Neb. 68152)
- Legacy near Lakeside at 171nd and Center (2710 Oak Drive, Omaha, Neb. 68130)
- Millard at 142nd and U (14214 U Street, Omaha, Neb. 68137
- Old Market at 11th and Howard (507 South 11th Street, Omaha, Neb. 68102). Please note this location does not have a drive thru.
- Rockbrook at 108th and Elm Streets (10808 Elm Street, Omaha, Neb. 68144)
- South Omaha at 29th and L Streets (2929 L Street, Omaha, Neb. 68107)
- Stonegate between Blondo and Maple at 120th and Stonegate (11910 Stonegate Drive, Omaha, Neb. 68164)
Metropolitan Community College - Donation drop-offs established for the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army flood relief efforts:
- South Omaha Campus, Connector Building commons area, 2909 Edward Babe Gomez Ave.
- Elkhorn Valley Campus front entrance, 829 N. 204th St.
- Sarpy Center commons area, 9110 Giles Rd., La Vista, Nebraska
- Fort Omaha Campus, Buildings 10 and 23 front entrances, 30th and Fort streets
Nebraska City Church of Christ - The church in Nebraska City has received a shipment of disaster relief supplies for people in need as part of Churches of Christ Disaster relief effort.
1102 S 10th St (39.21 mi)
Nebraska City, Nebraska 68410
Heartland Hope Mission - Providing a week's worth of food, diapers, clothing and hygiene items to flood victims.
2021 U Street in South Omaha - Open Tuesdays 6:30 pm -7:30 pm, Thursdays 1:30 pm- 4 pm, and Saturdays 9:30 am-12 pm
5321 South 139th Plaza - Open twice a month every second Saturday from 10:30 am - 11:30 am and the last Wednesday of the month from 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
Omaha Snipers Hockey Club - Hosting four games at Ralston arena on April 19 which will benefit flood victims. Players will have to pay a small fee to cover ice time and then plan to donate an additional amount to the local Red Cross.
Goodwill - Customers can round up purchases to the nearest dollar which will be forwarded to relief efforts.