An Elkhorn family who lost their son in an alligator attack at a Disney resort last month will not seek legal action against Disney.
2-year-old Lane Graves was snatched by an alligator while wading in a lagoon at the Grand Floridian resort in June.
His father says another alligator attacked him while he desperately tried to save his son. Signs at the lagoon said "no swimming" but did not warn about the danger of alligators.
Matt and Melissa Graves issued a statement Wednesday stating:
"Melissa and I are broken. We will forever struggle to comprehend why this happened to our sweet baby, Lane. As each day passes, the pain gets worse, but we truly appreciate the outpouring of sympathy and warm sentiments we have received from around the world. We know that we can never have Lane back, and therefore, we intend to keep his spirit alive through the Lane Thomas Foundation. It is our hope that through the foundation we will be able to share with others the unimaginable love Lane etched in our hearts. In addition to the foundation, we will solely be focused on the future health of our family and will not be pursuing a lawsuit against Disney. For now, we continue to ask for privacy as we focus on our family."