NewsLocal News

Actions

Plattsmouth family survives morning fire

Posted: 2:36 PM, Jun 06, 2018
Updated: 2018-06-06 19:37:42Z
Plattsmouth family survives morning fire

Three adults survived a fire in Plattsmouth's Buccaneer Bay neighborhood after a passerby knocked on their door to wake them, according to a release from the Plattsmouth Fire Department. 

The fire had large flames and heavy smoke, but was knocked down quickly. It is believed the fire was started by a faulty electric fan in the garage and made its way to the attic, burning multiple holes in the roof. 

One firefighter was taken to Bellevue Medical Center as a precaution.