NewsLocal News

Actions

Propane leak causes Nebraska fire that kills 1, injures 2

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KMTV.png
Posted at 3:19 PM, Oct 24, 2020
and last updated 2020-10-24 16:19:06-04

FILLEY, Neb. (AP) — A propane leak caused a Nebraska house fire that left one person dead and two critically injured, authorities said.

The fire started early Saturday in the Gage County village of Filley.

The State Fire Marshal Agency said in a news release that the house was “fully involved” when firefighters arrived. Two inside the house got out and were flown to a Lincoln hospital, but first responders pronounced the third occupant dead at the scene.

Names were withheld Saturday afternoon while relatives were notified.

The fire marshal’s office called the blaze accidental and reported that it was caused by a propane leak in the house.

Download our apps today for all of our latest coverage

Get the latest news and weather delivered straight to your inbox