The lights, sirens, and bloodshed overwhelmed northeast Omaha overnight on Wednesday. Six people were shot in five shooting incidents, all within about a 4 mile radius.
It starts at about 8:30pm at 29th & Parker St. and ends with a shooting at 33rd & Pratt St.
Here’s a list of those who were shot and where it happened:
- Robert Williams Jr., 25, is shot at 29th & Parker St.
- Alonzo Williams, 32, is shot at 41st & Ames Ave.
- Jal John Mamed, 22, and Mathew Mamer, 19, are shot near Burdette St. and Florence Blvd.
- Shavett Townsell, 26, is shot in the parking lot of Soulful Lounge or Champion’s Lounge at 3-th & Spaulding St.
- Jermaine Stewart, 31, is shot while walking near 33rd & Pratt St.
Lenaye Smith lives with Stewart and their three children. She says Stewart was on his way to the store, and came running home after she was shot. She says Stewart was shot in the arm and was awaiting surgery to take out the bullet fragments, but will be ok.
"He just said that he was walking, he was simply going to get our baby our daughter some milk,” Smith explained. "It's terrible people need to get it together because people are losing their life for no reason, and it's coming too close to home, and for us to have nothing to do with it. Somebody needs to do something about it."
Four of the victims were still at the hospital Thursday afternoon, and three were discharged.
The OPD Gang Unit is investigating but police need your help. If you have any information on any of these shootings call the Omaha Police Department at (402)-444-7867 (STOP).