NewsLocal News

Actions

Two adults displaced after Saturday house fire

Posted at 11:15 AM, Dec 22, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-22 12:15:38-05

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — There were no smoke detectors present in a house that caught fire Saturday morning which left two animals dead, two adults displaced and the home with $30,000 in structure damage.

The home, located at 2889 Titus Ave, caught on fire at 11:42 am.

Fire crews saw heavy fire and smoke on the main level, mostly in the kitchen.

Crews extinguished the fire while rescuing a dog and a cat. Neither animal survived.

No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire was determined as accidental, according to the Omaha Fire Department.

The fire was reported out at 12 pm.

The Red Cross was there to assist two displaced adults.