OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The University of Nebraska Medical Center will hold a graduation ceremony on July 31 for the 12 interns who have been working at UNMC this summer as part of the Step-Up Omaha! Program.
The Step-Up program is an initiative by the Empowerment Network and the City of Omaha in collaboration with community partners, including the Urban League of Nebraska.
Step-Up Omaha! provides jobs and paid internship opportunities to youth and young adults ages 14-21, with mutually beneficial paid summer jobs and work experience opportunities. Step-Up members gain valuable job training, work experience, vocational training, academic recovery, life skills training and community service opportunities. This year’s class of 12 interns is the largest Step-Up group that UNMC has hosted.
In addition, step-up participants can
- Earn up to $1,800 during the summer.
- Gain on-the-job experience and explore career opportunities.
- Learn more about strengths, talents and career interests.
- Gain valuable life and job skills, including interviewing, job search and customer service.
- Connect with long-term employment opportunities.