OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — If you finished your holiday shopping but haven't been to the post office yet, you may want to do so soon. The United States Postal Service has released a list of suggested ship-by dates to help make sure your gifts arrive on time.
- Nov. 6 – APO/FPO/DPO (all ZIP Codes) USPS Retail Ground®
- Dec. 9 – APO/FPO/DPO (ZIP Code 093 only) Priority Mail® and First-Class Mail®
- Dec. 11 – APO/FPO/DPO (all other ZIP Codes) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 14 – USPS Retail Ground
- Dec. 18 – APO/FPO/DPO (except ZIP Code 093) USPS Priority Mail Express®
- Dec. 20 – First-Class Mail (including greeting cards)
- Dec. 20 – First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- Dec. 19 – Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 21 – Priority Mail
- Dec. 18 – Alaska to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 21 – Alaska to mainland Priority Mail Express
- Dec. 21 – Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail Express
- Dec. 23 – Priority Mail Express
The Postal Service says the above dates are only recommendations, not a guarantee. Delivery times will depend on a number of factors.