Suspect on the loose after 4 killed in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee

Posted at 6:03 AM, Apr 22, 2018

Four people were killed and several others were wounded when a gunman opened fire in a Waffle House in Antioch, Tennessee.

The mass shooting happened around 3:25 a.m. Sunday at 3571 Murfreesboro Pike near Hobson Pike.

Metro Nashville Police Department officials named 29-year-old Travis Reinking, from Illinois, as a person of interest in the shooting, saying the vehicle the gunman used was registered to him.

He has since been added to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Top 10 Most Wanted list. Reports from the TBI described him as standing around 6'4'' tall and weighing approximately 180 pounds. He should be considered armed and dangerous.

A $2,500 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest. 

Police said Reinking drove his pickup truck into the Waffle House parking lot around 3:18 a.m.. He sat in the truck for a few minutes before getting out and immediately shooting and killing two people outside of the restaurant with an AR-15 rifle.

Officers said he then went inside and shot and killed another victim.

Those three victims have been identified. Taurean C. Sanderlin, age 29 of Goodlettsville. He was an employee of the restaurant who was killed as he stood outside. Also killed outside was 20-year-old Joe R. Perez, of Nashville, who was a patron of the restaurant.

The third death at the scene was 21-year-old Deebony Groves, of Gallatin. She was killed inside the restaurant.

Police confirmed 23-year-old Akilah Dasilva, of Antioch, passed away at Vanderbilt University Medical Center after being injured inside the restaurant. A friend confirmed to NewsChannel 5 that Dasilva was a local musician who went by the nickname "Natrix."

Two other victims were wounded by gunfire. They have been identified as 21-year-old Shanita Waggoner, of Nashville, and 24-year-old Sharita Hnderson, of Antioch.

When the gunshots rang out, a patron ran to the restrooms. He was watching the gunman and rushed at him when he saw the gunman look down and fidget with the gun.

The 29-year-old male patron wrestled the AR-15 away from the gunman. The patron suffered an elbow injury and other abrasions. He was taken to TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center and has since been released.

Police said six of the eight people injured were shot.

Witnesses said he was nude wearing only a green jacket and got away on foot after the patron took him down.