BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Two good Samaritans, in the right place at the right time, saved a woman's life at a Boca Raton restaurant on New Year's Day when she started choking.
Karlton Brown posted a video on Facebook saying the woman went into cardiac arrest at Morton's Steakhouse at 5050 Town Center Circle around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night.
Brown and his husband, who are both CPR certified, said they jumped in and gave the woman CPR until the item was dislodged, saving her life.
"She lost consciousness," said Paul Fogarty-Brown. "And then her pulse, her heart stopped. And at that stage it was, pumping her heart, he was pumping her upper gastric trying to dislodge the food and stuff."
Boca Raton Fire Rescue said the woman was taken to Boca Regional Medical Center, where she's now in stable condition.
Fire Rescue officials said this is a great example of why everyone should get CPR and life support training.