If you are heading to the NBA preseason game between the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks on Thursday, you want to read this.
Centurylink Center officials say with the NBA security measures in place, you'll want to get there ahead of time.
Doors are set to open at 5:30 p.m., which is 90 minutes before the game is set to start.
Coming to Thurs. night's game? Arrive EARLY! Doors open at 5:30 p.m. to accommodate enhanced security screenings. pic.twitter.com/hcBM3iXU2g
— CenturyLink Center (@centurylinkoma) October 18, 2016
Officials say that security measures include increased bag and visual checks as well as metal detector screening.
To ensure a safe environment for all guests, ticket holders may be asked to display the content of clothing, purses, bags, packages, etc.
These following items are prohibited from the game:
- No professional cameras (4’’ or greater)
- No video recording
- No audio recording
- No laser pointers
- No outside food or drink (20 oz. or smaller empty clear plastic bottles will be allowed for water)
- No large bags or back packs larger than 14” x 14” x 6”
- No large umbrellas Noise making devices of any kind (i.e. bells, whistles, horns, etc.)
- No fireworks No illegal drugs and alcohol
- No weapons of any kind, including lawfully concealed firearms No chains or spikes
- No tablets or selfie-sticks
- No signs or banners without the prior approval of MECA
- Masks are prohibited and may not be worn at any time while inside the arena
- Drones are not permitted on MECA’s campus
- Any item deemed to compromise public safety
Officials added that safety and security of fans, participants, and employees is the top priority at the CenturyLink Center.
They are also encouraging everyone to immediately report any suspicious behavior or unattended belongings to staff or law enforcement.