OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Saturday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Douglas County Health Department reported 226 new cases of COVID-19, making 18,053 total cases in Douglas County since the outbreak began in March.
- The Health Department received one new death certificate during the past day related to COVID-19, a woman in her 60s. The number of deaths connected to the pandemic has increased to 203. DCHD has confirmed 13,509 county residents have recovered from the illness.
- As of Friday, metro area hospitals had 172 medical and surgical beds available for an 88 percent occupancy rate.
- Metro area hospitals had 144 inpatients diagnosed with COVID-19 and 30 more persons of interest.
- Thirteen individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on ventilators.