OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Thursday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) today announced that another resident has died from COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths in Lancaster County to 33. The individual was a man in his 50s who was hospitalized and had underlying health conditions. On behalf of the City, Mayor Gaylor Baird expresses condolences to the man’s family and friends.
- LLCHD reports 111 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 7,825.
- Recoveries: up from 3,380 to 3,439
- Overall positivity rate:
- Lancaster County – up from 8.6 percent to 8.7 percent
- State – remains at 10.3 percent
- National – remains at 7.7 percent
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 48 with 23 from Lancaster County (two on ventilators) and 25 from other communities (one on a ventilator).
#coronavirus— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) October 15, 2020
More than 1500 people have died in IA. There is also a record-breaking number of hospitalizations. Here's a look at the latest data:
482 currently hospitalizeded
10 new deaths
1,505 total deaths
1,356 new cases
103,222 total cases
80,114 recovering pic.twitter.com/5nyxUQMmIx