OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Friday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
THREE RIVERS PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) today announced that two residents have died from COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths in Lancaster County to 35. The individuals were a woman in her 90s who was in a nursing home, and a man in his 80s who was hospitalized. On behalf of the City, Mayor Gaylor Baird expresses condolences to their families and friends.
- LLCHD reports 87 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 7,912.
- Recoveries: up from 3,439 to 3,487
- Overall positivity rate:
- Lancaster County – remains at 8.7 percent
- State – up from 10.3 percent to 10.5 percent
- National – remains at 7.7 percent
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 55 with 24 from Lancaster County (two on ventilators) and 31 from other communities (one on a ventilator).
- The COVID-19 Risk Dial is at “Elevated Orange,” indicating a high risk of the virus spreading.