OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Wednesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
THREE RIVERS PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) today announced that two residents have died from COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths in Lancaster County to 41. The individuals were women in their 80s and 40s who were both hospitalized. On behalf of the City, Mayor Gaylor Baird expresses condolences to their families and friends.
LLCHD reports 106 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 8,445.
Visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov to access a dashboard that summarizes Lancaster County COVID-19 data. LLCHD also released the following information today:
Recoveries: up from 3,665 to 3,723
Overall positivity rate:
- Lancaster County – remains at 8.9 percent
- State – remains at 10.8 percent
- National – remains at 7.6 percent
Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 57 with 28 from Lancaster County (five on ventilators) and 29 from other communities (three on ventilators).
BOYS TOWN RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT FACILITY
- Several youths who reside in the facility have tested positive for COVID-19
- Showing mild or no symptoms
- Small number of staff also tested positive
- All youth and staff are wearing masks in the facility and contact tracings are in progress
- Youth are locked in the facility 24/7
- All admissions to the RTC are currently on hold
- Working with the Douglas County Health Department and all parents/guardians have been notified
- Boys Town will do a deep cleaning and continue disinfecting areas where youth are
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
#coronavirus— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) October 21, 2020
Nebraska is reporting 11 more deaths and a record number of hospitalizations. Here's a look at the latest data:
565 total deaths
380 currently hospitalized
592 new cases
59,409 total cases
39,687 recovering pic.twitter.com/AtLOnU6JI9