OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Friday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- On Friday, October 23, DCHD reported 301 new cases of COVID-19 that were received over the past day, ending at midnight. This makes 20,977 total cases in Douglas County since the outbreak began in March.
- The Health Department received one new death certificates during the past day related to COVID-19. We sadly have lost a woman over 75 years of age. The number of deaths in the county connected to the pandemic has increased to 219.
- DCHD has confirmed 14,648 county residents have recovered from the illness.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) announced that 142 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 8,668. The number of deaths in the community remains at 42.
- Recoveries: up from 3,750 to 3,797
- Overall positivity rate:
- Lancaster County – remains at 8.9 percent
- State – remains at 10.9 percent
- National – remains at 7.6 percent
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 61 with 32 from Lancaster County (four on ventilators) and 29 from other communities (three on ventilators).
- The COVID-19 Risk Dial is at “Elevated Orange,” indicating a high risk of the virus spreading.