OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Thursday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
#coronavirus— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) October 29, 2020
Nebraska reporting another record-breaking number of hospitalizations. Here's a look at the latest data:
8 new deaths
628 total deaths
1,169 new cases
66,545 total cases
483 currently hospitalized pic.twitter.com/1TDJmsIBI9
SARPY COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) announced that 166 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 9,330. The number of deaths in the community remains at 45.
- Recoveries: remain at 4,024
- Overall positivity rate:
- Lancaster County – up from 9.1 percent to 9.2 percent
- State – remains at 11.2 percent
- National – remains at 7.6 percent
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 71 with 42 from Lancaster County (five on ventilators) and 29 from other communities (five on ventilators).
- The COVID-19 Risk Dial is at “Elevated Orange,” indicating a high risk of the virus spreading.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT