OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Wednesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Douglas County Health Department (DCHD) reported 94 new cases of COVID-19 that were received by midnight the previous day. This makes 14,716 total cases in Douglas County since the outbreak began in March.
- The Health Department received two new death certificates during the past day related to the pandemic. Two men in their 70s have been lost. The number of COVID-19-related deaths in the county now is 180.
- DCHD has confirmed 11,097 county residents have recovered from the illness.
- As of this morning, metro area hospitals had 228 medical and surgical beds available for an 84 percent occupancy rate. There were 99 inpatients diagnosed with COVID-19 and 36 more persons of interest (generally waiting for test results). Seventeen individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on ventilators.
LINCOLN LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 86 additional positive COVID-19 cases for a total of 5,388 cases
- Number of deaths in the community remains at 21
Iowa is also reporting two additional outbreaks at long-term care facilities. In total, 38 long-term care facilities are currently dealing with outbreaks. https://t.co/KGRe6fKP1f— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) September 16, 2020