ELKHORN, Neb. (KMTV) — Life Care Center of Elkhorn is reporting an additional coronavirus-related death.
Yesterday, the 3 News Now Investigative Team spoke to a woman whose friend, a person who lived at the center, was on a ventilator at Methodist Hospital. According to the woman, her friend is that ninth death.
Life Care shared this statement:
We are saddened to report an additional death of a resident due to COVID-19. We mourn with those who have lost loved ones. We continue to maintain our focus on our residents within the facility. This has been a difficult time for all involved.
Life Care provided the following information:
- Confirmed number of COVID-19-related deaths since April 27: 9 (+1)
- Current number of residents: 61
- Total number of residents who have been tested: 79
- Total number of residents who have tested positive since April 27: 68
- Current number of residents who have tested positive: Being cared for in local hospitals: 7 Being cared for on-site: 54 (-1)
- Residents who have tested negative on-site: 5
- Number of employees on April 27: 140
- Current number of employees out sick: 26
- Total number of employees who have tested positive: 30
- Total number of employees who have tested negative: 59
- Total number of employees who have returned to work: 12 (+7)
First received notification of a positive COVID-19 test related to our building: April 27, 2020
First resident sent to the hospital who later tested positive: May 8, 2020
First notification given to all residents/staff about positive COVID-19 test: April 28, 2020
Full testing of all residents: May 11, 2020