OMAHA, NEB. (KMTV) — To help prevent the possibility of simultaneous pandemics of COVID-19 and influenza, the YMCA is partnering with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska to provide free flu shots at 14 clinics across the state.
The clinics will be open to people ages 9-64 years of age regardless of health insurance in an effort to help keep Nebraska safe from the viruses.
“Our goal is to be there for all Nebraskans who need a flu shot and help protect the state from a COVID19 and influenza ‘twindemic’ this year,” said Dr. Debra Esser, chief medical officer at BCBSNE. “It’s our pleasure to team up with local YMCAs to make these clinics available — whether participants are insured by us, another carrier or not at all.”
Locations and times the clinics will be in operation:
- Don Sjogren Community YMCA, 1415 Broadway, Holdrege, NE — Mon., Nov. 9, from 5-7 p.m.
- Twin Rivers YMCA, 6100 Twin Rivers Circle, Valley, NE — Mon., Nov. 9, from 8-11 a.m.
- Downtown YMCA, 430 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE — Tues., Nov. 10, from 8-11 a.m.
- Orthman Community YMCA, 1207 N. Grant St., Lexington, NE — Tues., Nov. 10, from 5-7 p.m.
- Armbrust YMCA, 5404 S. 168th St., Omaha, NE — Weds., Nov. 11, from 5-8 p.m.
- Ed Thomas YMCA of McCook, 901 W., E St., McCook, NE — Weds., Nov. 11, from 8-10 a.m.
- Southwest YMCA, 13010 Atwood Ave., Omaha, NE — Weds., Nov. 11, from 8-11 a.m.
- Columbus Family YMCA, 3912 38th St., Columbus, NE — Weds., Nov. 11, from 4-6 p.m.
- Sarpy YMCA, 1111 E. First St., Papillion, NE — Thurs., Nov. 12, from 8-11 a.m.
- Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA–Siouxland, 601 Riverview Dr., South Sioux City, NE — Thurs., Nov. 12, from 4-6 p.m.
- Copple Family YMCA, 8700 Yankee Woods Dr., Suite B, Lincoln, NE — Thurs., Nov. 12, from 4-7 p.m.
- Beatrice Mary Family YMCA, 1801 Scott St., Beatrice, NE — Thurs., Nov. 12, from 5-7 p.m.
- Maple Street YMCA, 7502 Maple St., Omaha, NE — Fri., Nov. 13, from 8-11 a.m.
- Butler-Gast YMCA, 3501 Ames Ave., Omaha, NE — Sat., Nov. 14, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Preregistration is preferred but not required. You can do so at NebraskaBlue.com/YMCAFluShot