NewsLocal News

Actions

Carbon monoxide poisoning sends nearly two dozen people to hospital overnight

Poster image (39).jpg
Posted at 6:35 AM, Jul 21, 2021
and last updated 2021-07-21 07:37:07-04

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Crews are looking for the cause of an overnight carbon monoxide scare in Irvington.

They were called to a house near 87th and Reid St around 11 p.m. Tuesday night after nearly two dozen people showed up at CHI Immanuel to be checked for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

At least eight of those patients were later transferred to Nebraska Medicine for more intensive care.

Crews searched the house for other possible victims but did not find anyone inside.

MUD crews remained on the scene until carbon monoxide levels returned to normal.

Download our apps today for all of our latest coverage.

Get the latest news and weather delivered straight to your inbox.