OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — FEMA and the State of Nebraska say they will be opening a Disaster Recovery Center in Dodge County.
People can access it in Fremont at the Christenson Field House at the following address and times:
1710 Christensen Field Road
Fremont, NE 68025
Open April 3, April 4 and April 5
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CDT
More from FEMA's release:
The center will move to a new location soon, and public notice will be provided.
Nebraska homeowners, renters and business owners in Boone, Buffalo, Butler, Cass, Colfax, Custer, Dodge, Douglas, Knox, Nemaha, Richardson, Sarpy, Saunders, Thurston and Washington counties and the Santee Sioux Nation may apply for assistance for uninsured and underinsured damage and losses resulting from severe winter storm, straight-line winds and flooding.
Disaster Recovery Centers are staffed by representatives from FEMA, the SBA and other federal and local agencies. One-on-one assistance includes:
- Help registering for FEMA’s Individual Assistance program.
- Help completing paperwork and checking the status of an application.
- Help applying for the SBA’s low-interest disaster loans for businesses, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters.
- Referrals to other state, federal and voluntary organizations offering information about additional disaster assistance.
- Help understanding how to appeal FEMA eligibility decisions.
- Accommodations to meet the needs of the entire community, including people with disabilities. Centers are equipped with captioned phones, video remote interpreting and assistive listening devices.
- If you need an accommodation or assistance due to a disability, please notify FEMA staff at the time of registration or anytime during the assistance process.
Applicants for disaster assistance should have the following information on hand:
- Social Security number
- Address of the damaged primary residence
- Description of the damage
- Information about insurance coverage
- A current contact telephone number
- An address where they can receive mail
- Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds
How to Register with FEMA:
- Online, visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov [disasterassistance.gov] .
- On a smart phone, download the FEMA app and click on “disaster resources,” then “apply for assistance online.”
- By phone, call FEMA’s toll-free registration line at 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585; or use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS). Telephone registration is available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central Daylight Time seven days a week.
- Visit a Disaster Recovery Center and speak to a FEMA specialist one-on-one. To find the nearest DRC, go online to FEMA.gov/DRC [fema.gov] .
SBA disaster assistance employees are committed to helping businesses and residents rebuild as quickly as possible. SBA representatives are available to answer questions about SBA’s disaster loan program and help business owners and residents apply for low-interest disaster recovery loans.
Businesses and residents can visit www.SBA.gov/disaster [sba.gov] , call SBA’s Customer Service Center at
800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . TTY users may also call 800-877-8339.
For more information on Nebraska’s disaster recovery, visit fema.gov/disaster/4420 [fema.gov] .