OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Friday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 99 new coronavirus cases reported Friday, 10,192 since the start of the outbreak
- Six new coronavirus deaths reported, three men and three women over the age of 70
- 134 coronavirus deaths in Douglas County since the start of the pandemic
- 6,751 recoveries among county residents since the start of the outbreak
THREE RIVERS PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
As of Friday, July 31, 2020:
- Dodge County: 760 cases
- Saunders County: 125 cases
- Washington County: 99 cases
- Total 3RPHD Case Count: 984 cases
A day after officials launched an effort to increase enforcement of distancing orders in bars and restaurants, a state agency reported there had been nearly 700 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus in the past day.
The Alcoholic Beverages Division and the Department of Inspections and Appeals announced Thursday a $1,000 fine will be imposed on bars that fail to enforce requirements that people stay 6 feet apart when more than 10 are gathered.
Restaurants will get a warning. Repeat offenses could results in suspensions and revocations of food and alcohol permits and licenses. As of Friday morning, another 11 people had died of the virus in the past 24 hours.