OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Tuesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) today announced that an 11th resident has died from COVID-19 in Lincoln.
- Nine lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lincoln today, bringing the community total to 1,632.
- Recoveries are up from 511 to 545.
- The positive rate for those tested is at 6.8 percent.
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: down from 26 Friday to 20 today, with 12 Lancaster County residents (five on ventilators), and eight from other communities (none on ventilators).
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Health Department reported 102 new cases of COVID-19. That brings the total number of cases in Douglas County to 6,577 from this outbreak.
- The Health Department has received two additional death certificates related to COVID-19. These most recent deaths involved two women in their 60s who passed in June. The total number of deaths linked to the pandemic in Douglas County is now 82.
- The Douglas County Health Department has confirmed 2,579 county residents have recovered from the illness.
#coronavirus— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) June 23, 2020
Nearly 300 more people have tested positive in Iowa. Here is a look at the latest numbers:
2 new deaths
688 total deaths
163 currently hospitalized
295 new cases
26,343 total cases pic.twitter.com/8wIIsqhiiP
POTTAWATTAMIE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
- 6 additional positive COVID-19 cases for a total of 689 positive cases
- 213 people are self-isolating
- 6 are hospitalized
- 445 have recovered