OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Wednesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department announced 16 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lincoln today, bringing the community total to 1,648.
- The number of deaths in the community remains at 11.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Health Department reported 61 new cases of COVID-19. That brings the total number of cases in Douglas County to 6,638 from this outbreak.
- The Health Department received two additional death certificates related to COVID-19 during the past day. The total number of deaths linked to the pandemic in Douglas County is now 82.
- DCHD has confirmed 2,638 county residents have recovered from the illness.
- As of this morning, metro area hospitals reported 296 medical and surgical beds were available for a 79 percent occupancy rate and 97 patients were hospitalized with COVID-19.
- Of the 364 ventilators available to area hospitals, 118 were in use, including 22 for confirmed COVID-19 patients.
THREE RIVERS PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Dodge County: 663 cases
- Saunders County: 66 cases
- Washington County: 45 cases
- Total 3RPHD Case Count: 774 cases
#coronavirus— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) June 24, 2020
More than 250 more people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Iowa. Here is a look at the latest numbers:
2 new deaths
690 total deaths
140 currently hospitalized
258 new cases
26,601 total cases pic.twitter.com/W1ibJ6v52e
POTTAWATTAMIE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
- No new cases to report.
- 7,892 Pottawattamie County residents have been tested for COVID-19, with 626 (7.9%) testing positive.
- An additional five individuals have recovered, for a total of 450 recoveries.
- Two additional individuals were admitted to the hospital, for a total of eight currently hospitalized.
- There are 194 individuals self-isolating at home.