NewsLocal News


Early morning fire leaves one homeless, dog dies

Posted at 6:58 AM, Jun 11, 2019
and last updated 2019-06-11 07:58:34-04

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — An early morning fire displaced one person and killed the family dog at 25th and Monroe.

Fire crews responded to a house fire in a one story house around 2:30 Tuesday morning. Upon arrival, crews reported smoke and flames coming from the front of the house. The occupant self-rescued himself prior to the crew's arrival.

The Humane Society was dispatched to the scene, and the Red Cross was also on scene to help with the displaced occupant.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to improperly discarded smoking materials.