NewsLocal News

Actions

Fire crews brave cold temps to fight Vinton Street blaze

Posted at 10:17 PM, Feb 10, 2021
and last updated 2021-02-10 23:24:29-05

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) - Firefighters took on frigid temperatures and icy conditions when they worked to get an apartment fire under control on Wednesday at 2211 Vinton Street.

Crews found smoke coming from the second floor and found a small fire that started in bathroom. That forced several people outside in the cold.

A firefighter on scene said they kept the fire isolated to a couple units, so people in the other apartments could get back inside and warm up.

Fortunately, no one was injured.

The fire department did help a dog needing oxygen, and they say the pet is going to be okay.

A faulty electrical fixture caused the fire.

Download our apps today for all of our latest coverage.

Get the latest news and weather delivered straight to your inbox.