OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Halloween is only a couple months away and Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium says they have an "all-new family friendly" series of events planned in preparation.
According to a release from the zoo, their Ghouls and & Glow event will replace their Spooktacular event and will include:
- 400 larger-than-life lantern displays
- Dancing skeletons
- Candy monsters
- Spider web arches
- Sugar skulls with elements of nature
- An eerie house
- A mummy band and other friendly ghouls
- A number of bats, vultures, spiders and black cats will also light up the trails.
- Hundreds of hand-carved pumpkins
- Performances from the Omaha Circus Arts and Omaha Street Percussion.
Tickets for the events will go on sale starting Monday, August 26 and will run on:
- September 27 – 28
- October 3 – 5, 10 – 13, 17 – 20 and 24 – 25
Other areas of the zoo will also be available to explore.
You can read the zoo's whole release here: Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium - Ghouls and Glow