OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Today, Governor Pete Ricketts unveiled an all-encompassing website to connect flood victims and people wishing to donate resources to flood relief across Nebraska.
“Nebraska’s response to the flooding has been incredible as neighbors have been stepping up to help one another. We are working to bring new resources online on a daily basis as we start the long road to recovery. Together, we will rebuild and keep our communities strong and growing.”
You can donate resources, request resources or make monetary contributions on the site at: http://www.nebraska.gov/nebraska-strong/
The Governor's Office also mentioned these options for people in need:
· NEMA has set up a hotline for general questions from the public. The number is 402-817-1551.
· Nebraskans needing property cleanup can contact the Crisis Clean Up Hotline: 833-556-2476.
· Farmers in need of hay, feed stuffs, fencing materials, volunteer help, equipment, etc. should call the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at 1-800-831-0550.
· Businesses can call the U.S. Chamber’s Disaster Help Desk for Business at 1-888-692-4943.
· Nebraskans who want to volunteer should call the Salvation Army’s volunteer hotline at 402-898-6050 to register.
· For all other needs for assistance call 211.
· If you have an emergency, you should dial 911.