NewsLocal News

Actions

OFD crews battle blaze near Rockbrook Village

Caused by "careless disposal of smoking material"
CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KMTV.png
Posted at 1:37 PM, Apr 14, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-14 14:38:26-04

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The careless disposal of smoking materials is being blamed for a Tuesday morning house fire.

Fire crews were called to 10341 Rockbrook Road, just north of Rockbrook Village, just after 10:30 a.m.

Crews found smoke and flames coming from the breeze way between a garage and the 1 1/2 story single-family home. The single occupant of the home was able to exit the home prior to fire crews arriving.

Damage are estimated to be about $51,000.